Friday 4 April 2014

Five hours well spent down the allotment.

Today I spent five hours at the allotment and got loads done.  Being a root day in the biodynamic cycle in went the onions and the carrots.
I managed to straighten the final edge and made the side bed about 30cm wider in places.  

I then planted out my Tree onions and the first lot of carrots and covered them in mesh to stop the carrot fly. I also popped in some home harvested radish seed as a cash crop between the tree onions and the potatoes.
The flax seed has germinated!!! I have never grown this before so it should be interesting to see how it grows.
I then planted my onions sets and onions sowed this year.  Just as well we like onions! They did well last year so fingers crossed for the same again this year.



My spring cabbages are making a good recovery from being eaten by slugs in the autumn and my leeks are about to be picked.


Add caption
I also harvested the first crop of rhubarb this year.  Rhubarb and custard it is then!


No comments:

Post a Comment